Friday, April 23, 2010

MORE KNITTING: TOPAZ!

I made a little dress and matching bloomers for Nova. The pattern is Topaz,


and the bloomers are another version of the picky pants pattern that I love so much.


The yarn is Crystal Palace Merino 5, 100% Superwash Merino. It's stretchy, soft, comfy, and washable. Couldn't ask for anything more!


I was going to do the contrast in purple, but Gus was at the yarn store with me and he really liked the dark blue. I think it turned out okay, and Nova doesn't seem to mind.


Unfortunately, dressing her in blue leads people to ask "how old is your little boy?" What can I say? We aren't all born with fantastic hair. (I'm not teasing - I love that photo of cousin John & Madeline.)


I think this is a cute pattern and the dress is long enough that it'll grow with her. The bloomers are cute by themselves, too, so it's a win win.


In other news: where did baby Nova go? Who's this big girl standing up, playing with toys, and drinking out of a cup? I hardly recognize her!

1 comments:

Kim said...

ahahahhahahahahahhahaha I love it! Thanks for the nod. You are such a talented knitter as well!