Monday, September 1, 2008

LUKE

Luke, also known as Cool Hand Luke, Luke the Butt, Lucas, Lute, and Special Cat, died suddenly yesterday at the age of 10.


There are many things to be said about Luke, but none would capture what a special animal he was. To some he was just a cat, but to us he was a beloved pet, friend, and family member.


Luke loved everyone in this family and everyone who walked through our door. He was the only of our pets to come running when we got home, and you could make him purr just by saying his name from across the room. He came when you called for him, and he was the only cat I've ever known who loved water. There were many peculiar things about Luke; he was indeed a Special Cat, and we miss him terribly.

Luke took to baby Gus, and we were so looking forward to the days of whisker and tail pulling ahead. I got this moment on video just last week:




So long, little fella. As much as we gave you a hard time, we absolutely adored you, and our lives were made better by having you as our cat.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. Those photos of Luke are wonderful; he was such a nice kitty! I'm sorry that your sweet cat is gone.

Gina said...

Oh my goodness! I feel for you guys. Teo will be turning 10 this upcoming winter and I get more and more nervous about his longevity. That video with Gus & Luke was adorable! Teo has just now warmed up Jax enough that he'll play with him instead of running away instantly.

Nikki said...

Awww... so sorry to hear about Luke. I know he'll be missed. I remember you talking about how special he is the last time we visited.