Monday, March 29, 2010

NEW SWEATER

I've been trying to do more knitting for the kids. I made two sweaters for Nova this spring, and now it's Gus's turn. I tried this one once, but it was too small:

It fit over him, but with how fast he's growing, it only would have lasted a few weeks. I ripped it out and started over. Much better!


The pattern is Child's Placket-Neck Pullover by Joelle Hoverson in Last Minute Knitted Gifts.


Yarn is Rhapsody Dark Horse 100% Merino, a gift from Kristen on my birthday this year (thanks Kristen!)


My gauge was all wonky, which is why I knit it too small the first time. I think I followed the pattern instructions for the 6-12 mo size, but at a gauge of 4.5 sts/in instead of 5.5 as the pattern calls for.

Now what's next: Swing Thing or Topaz? (I think it'll actually be picky pants, Nova is growing too fast!)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Swing thing! I made it while preggo w/Kara and since I knit it huge she's just grown into it now! :)